Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home

The crisp smell of fresh paint. The aesthetically pleasing look of dark wood furniture. The surprisingly trendy accent wall of sea foam green. No, I'm not describing a new hotel. This is the mini photo shoot of my apartment in the new residence halls. A place of wonder and amazement, jaw dropping amenities, and a sense of "now this is what college living should be like." Granted, all of you who are reading this will not live in these dorms for at least another 3 years or so, but hey, it's something to look forward to.

Campbell 1 and 2, along with Salice and Conley are the new residence halls that opened on campus this year. Situated on the southwest side near the library and Martyr's Court, the 4 buildings are apartment style living with 4-6 people in each one. I myself live with 4 other girls. Did I mention we all have our own bedroom? 50% of the rooms in the buildings are singles and the rest are doubles. I have a collection of pictures here highlighting my apartment, but let me just say, each one is different. If you want to take a look at the floor plan or read more about the residence halls, you can click here.

And now to the main event....
The living room is immediately in front of you when you enter. We added some extra chairs to accommodate all of us and spruced up the place with some festive pineapple place mats. Nothing says college like fruit decorations.


The kitchen is to your right as you walk in the front door and seems incredibly spacious thanks to the open floor plan. As you can see, we have the wonderful invention known as a dishwasher at our disposal. Mile high dishes in the sink are a thing of the past. Emptying the dishwasher is another story.
There are 2 bathrooms at either end of the apartment. Each side has one shower, a toilet, and 2 sinks outside of the actual bathroom. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that I can brush my teeth while my roommate showers.

Tada! My room. Small, but big enough to fit extra furniture in, as seen by the blue chair. A bookcase and an armoire are to the left, and a dresser is underneath the bed. Plenty of storage space for clothes. Sadly you can't see my posters of David Wright and David Boreanaz along with Emily Deshcanel of Bones fame on my wall. Just picture it though. They look great.

The rest of the rooms look much like mine. There is one long hallway with 2 rooms on the left side of the door, and the other 3 on the right. CSC (Campbell, Salice, Conley) is an amazing place to live and although you won't be here as a freshmen, these residence halls are definitely something to keep in mind later down the road. You still have programs run by Res Life and the RAs that are both fun and prepare you for life after but college, but you also have the feel of living out in the real world without actually moving off campus.

So, that is that. I hope you enjoyed the mini tour!

~Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment