Wednesday, August 4, 2010

NJSLC

Helllloo world. You may recognize me, as I had my own blog on the Admissions portal this past year. This summer, I've been working in the Admissions Office on campus while taking a class. To those that don't know me, my name is Adam Remiszewski, and I will be a senior in the business school in the fall.

Campus life is hard talk about when it's the middle of the summer. Regardless, I found a good topic about something I got involved in over the past year. This past week, 27 of the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities across the country came to Fordham for NJSLC - the National Jesuit Student Leadership Conference. Some delegations brought about 24 students (Holy Cross), and others brought as few as 5 (USF), but all but one brought at least 5 student leaders from their respective universities.

The purpose of the conference was to 'ignite the leader within', or to really motivate the student leaders to lead with the Jesuit philosophy and mentality at the forefront of their minds.

I've attached a video of what went on during the week, but it's really a lot to put into one blogpost. We did everything from make the beds for the delegates when they arrived, to planning excursions into the city and to service sites. All I heard was good things about Fordham, and this from our sister Jesuit schools. All in all, a really great conference that brightened the campus a bit for the past week.

For me, it's back to work now! See you soon!

-Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment